Last updated April 2021
By installing, accessing or using any websites, mobile apps, email newsletters and subscriptions, and other digital properties on which these terms are posted or referenced (together, “online services”), you are entering into a binding agreement with The Salt Suite® Franchising, LLC (“The Salt Suite®”, “we” or “us”), which controls and operates the online services from its headquarters at 844 W Fourth Street Suite 203, Winston – Salem, NC 27101.
By accepting these terms, you also understand and consent to The Salt Suite®’s Privacy Statement, which is incorporated into, and part of, this agreement. Our Privacy Statement describes how we collect, use and share information.
By accepting these terms, you understand and agree that, as stated in Section 7, you are waiving your right to resolve any dispute through other processes that could be available to you, such as court actions or administrative proceedings. It also means that you are waiving your rights to a trial by jury or to combine your dispute with others in a class action.
The online services are not intended to be used by, or targeted to, anyone under the age of 13 years old. You must be at least 13 years old to use the online services. If you are at least 13 years old but not yet 18 years old (or the legal age of majority if different in your jurisdiction), then you must review these terms with your parent or guardian and they must understand and agree to these terms in order for you to use the online services.
If you or your parent or guardian do not agree to these terms, then you must immediately stop using the online services and request that The Salt Suite® close any online services account that you have created. You can request account deletion by sending an email to [email protected], please include the email address of the account that you want deleted.
The information contained herein is provided for informational and educational purposes only. The use of The Salt Suite® is not intended to treat, cure nor prevent any illness or condition. All medical conditions should be treated by a physician competent in treating that particular condition. All products and services provided by The Salt Suite®, including written information, labels, brochures and flyers as well as information provided orally or in any other medium of communication, have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure nor prevent any disease. All information presented in this website is the opinion of the author based on clinical settings. They do not have grounding in research under more controlled conditions and must therefore be looked at as preliminary and experimental. The Salt Suite® makes no medical claims regarding this information. For all your health concerns, please consult an appropriately licensed healthcare practitioner.
The Salt Suite® assumes no responsibility for customers choosing to treat themselves. Use of this information is at your own risk. Your use of this website and its contents is an agreement of your understanding of the terms herein.
1. About the online services.
Obey the rules of the road.
Whenever you use the online services, you must obey the rules of the road and all applicable rules and regulations. You must not use the online services while driving or while behind the wheel or controls of a vehicle that is moving or not in “park”. In the interest of safety at all times, you should only use the online services when it is lawful and safe to do so.
You are responsible for your devices and accounts.
You are responsible for any devices, software and services needed to use the online services. The Salt Suite® does not guarantee that the online services will fully function on any particular device or with any particular software. You are also responsible for any messaging and data charges, fees and taxes for your use of the online services, including when we communicate with you by text, email or other means that you choose. You may only use the online services with devices that you own or control and using only the authorized operating system (e.g., Apple iPhone OS for Apple devices). If you create an online services account, you are responsible for keeping the account secure and for all activity under the account. You can only use one online services account and must keep your account information accurate at all times.
The Salt Suite®’s right to update or terminate the online services.
You understand and consent that (with or without notice) The Salt Suite®’s may update, modify or terminate the online services (or your access to them) from time to time, including by pushing updates to (or removing functionality or access from) any The Salt Suite®’s mobile app that you have installed on your device. Current scheduling, online purchases, and app services are through MINDBODY. MINDBODY is a separate The Salt Suite® and The Salt Suite® does not own any portion of MINBODY.
Updates to these terms.
The Salt Suite® may also update these terms at any time and at its sole discretion. If The Salt Suite® makes material changes to the terms, we will notify you by any reasonable means such as by posting the new terms in the online service. If you do not agree to the changed terms, then you must immediately stop using the online services and request that The Salt Suite® close any online services account that you have created. To close your account, you shall email us at [email protected].
Independent businesses own and operate many suites.
While The Salt Suite® operates and controls the online services, it is not responsible for the operation of most suites. Most suites are instead owned and operated by independent franchisees of The Salt Suite® and some are operated by The Salt Suite® subsidiaries (such franchisees and subsidiaries are together, “suites”). Each suite is solely and independently responsible for its legal and regulatory compliance, for any issues relating to the supply of the products to you, and for any employment related matters in the suite.
Links to job opportunities from the online services.
The Salt Suite® and all suites are equal opportunity employers committed to diverse workforces. The online services may provide links to job opportunities posted by The Salt Suite® or suites. These opportunities are with the suite alone and not with The Salt Suite® or its parent The Salt Suite® (The Salt Suite® Franchising, LLC). This means that the suite that posted the opportunity is alone responsible for setting the job requirements, all hiring decisions, and all other employment related matters in its business. Neither The Salt Suite® nor its parent The Salt Suite® receives a copy of any application you submit to a suite that is a franchisee, neither controls whether you receive an interview or are hired, and neither controls franchisees’ employment policies and practices. Neither The Salt Suite® nor its parent The Salt Suite® employs independent franchisees. If you are hired by a suite that is a franchisee, only that franchisee, and not The Salt Suite® or its parent The Salt Suite® (The Salt Suite® Corporation), will be your employer.
How to contact us.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the online services, please refer to the Contact Us section in the online services or you can always email [email protected].
2. Our information practices and communications with you.
The Salt Suite® Privacy Statement.
These terms incorporate The Salt Suite® Privacy Statement as part of the terms. Our Privacy Statement describes our information practices, including how we collect, use and share information.
How we communicate with you.
Through the online services, you may opt in to receive emails, text messages to the mobile number you provide to us or push notifications from The Salt Suite®. When you opt in to any of these types of communications, you understand and consent that that you will receive marketing, transactional and other messages from The Salt Suite®. The Salt Suite® may use the information you have provided to us to communicate with you in accordance with The Salt Suite® Privacy Statement.
Opting out of communications generally.
You have a choice in how we communicate with you. You can generally find your communication preferences with instructions on how to opt out in the profile section of the online service that you use. You may also have the ability to change your communication preferences using your device settings. In addition, our communications themselves may include the opportunity to opt out. You understand and agree that you may need to separately manage your communication preferences for each communication method. For example, if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, you may still receive marketing text messages if you’ve opted in to receiving them. While we do our best to offer convenient methods for you to manage your communications preferences, you may need to separately adjust your preferences for each online service. Lastly, please note that if you are receiving communications from a The Salt Suite® franchisee, then you will need to opt out from them directly.
Additional information on text messages.
You understand and consent that you will receive text messages from an automated system. You further understand that your consent is not required to make any purchase. If you wish to withdraw your consent and unsubscribe, please text STOP to the appropriate short code or email us at [email protected].
3. Ownership and Licenses for the online services.
The Salt Suite® intellectual property ownership.
Any and all rights in the online services are and shall remain the exclusive property of The Salt Suite® or its licensors. For purposes of clarity, “online services” includes any and all content on the online services, such as, but not limited to, text, images, graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, software, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, audio, video, data and other materials (together, “content”) as well as any part of the online services. The online services are licensed, not sold, to you. Nothing in these terms intends to transfer any such rights to, or to vest any such rights in, you. You may not take any action to jeopardize, limit or interfere with The Salt Suite® or its licensors’ rights.
Your license to use the online services.
Subject to these terms, you are granted a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to use the online services solely for your own personal, non-commercial purposes and solely in accordance with these terms. For purposes of clarity, “Use” includes access, interact with, and display. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise, except for the licenses and rights these terms expressly grant to you. The Salt Suite® reserves all other rights.
Trademarks, service marks, and all graphical elements, including the look and feel appearing on the online services, are distinctive and protected trademarks or trade dress of The Salt Suite® or its licensors. The online services may also contain various third-party names, trademarks, and service marks that are the property of their respective owners.
4. User submissions and unsolicited ideas.
Some online services may allow you to send comments, remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, photographs, questions, complaints or other information posted or communicated to The Salt Suite® through the online services (together, “submissions”). You understand that by submitting any information to The Salt Suite® through the online services, you grant The Salt Suite® a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, sublicense to others, modify, translate, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, and publicly perform the submissions, including to use them for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever without approval from or compensation to you or any other person, including to use them for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever without approval from or compensation to you or any other person. The Salt Suite® will not be required to treat any submissions as confidential.
It is The Salt Suite® policy not to consider unsolicited ideas. While we appreciate you taking the time to consider The Salt Suite®, we’re unable to review new ideas from outside The Salt Suite® system. You expressly waive any and all claims against The Salt Suite® and all other Members of The Salt Suite® System in connection with The Salt Suite® consideration, use or development of any product, design, concept or other materials similar or identical to your submission now or in the future.
5. Copyright notice.
The Salt Suite® will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). If you believe that your copyrighted work is infringed by content appearing on the online services, please provide a written DMCA notice to The Salt Suite® at: The Salt Suite® Franchising, 844 W Fourth Street Suite 203, Winston – Salem, NC 27101 Attn: DMCA copyright administrator, or by email to [email protected].
What to include in your infringement notice.
Please include the following information in your notice to us, along with your full name, address, telephone number and email address:
- A detailed description of the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed.
- A detailed description of the content on the online services that you believe infringes the copyrighted work, including information reasonably sufficient to permit The Salt Suite® to locate the alleged infringing content (e.g., the page on the online services where the alleged infringing content is located).
- The following statement, signed by the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed: “I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law. I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
6. Acceptable uses and restrictions for the online services.
Acceptable uses and other restrictions.
With respect to the online services (which includes content), you may not, and may not allow third parties, to:
- Use the online services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms;
- Delete or change any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices;
- Attempt to obtain ownership or title to the online services, including the content;
- Use, copy, distribute, republish, display, disclose, upload, post, or transmit the online services in any commercial manner;
- Rent, lease, sell, sub-license, loan, translate, merge, adapt, assign or transfer the online services, or combine them with, or incorporate them into, any other programs or services;
- Disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer, copy in source or object code format, or create derivative works based on the online services;
- Transfer, provide, export or re-export the online services in violations of an embargo, trade sanction, or other technology control or export laws and regulations; you also represent and warrant that you are not (i) located in a country subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; or (ii) listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
- Use or launch any unauthorized technology or automated system to access the online services or extract content from the online services, including but not limited to spiders, robots, screen scrapers, or offline readers;
- Attempt to disable, damage, overburden, impair or gain unauthorized access to the online services, The Salt Suite® network or any user accounts associated with the online services.
7. Limitations on liability and disclaimers.
Limitations on The Salt Suite® liability.
Neither The Salt Suite® nor any other Members of the The Salt Suite® System shall be liable for any direct or indirect lost profits or lost business damage, special, indirect, consequential, exemplary or incidental damages, including lost data, personal injury or property damage related to or arising out of the online services. Nothing in this section is intended to limit The Salt Suite® liability for damages to the extent caused by The Salt Suite® own gross negligence or intentional or unlawful misconduct. Additionally, nothing in this section is intended to limit or alter your rights as a consumer that cannot be limited or altered under applicable law. The Salt Suite® reserves all legal rights to recover damages or other compensation under these terms or as allowed by law.
The Salt Suite® provides the online services “AS-IS” and without any warranties.
The online services may include inaccuracies or errors. The Salt Suite® provides the online services “as is” and without warranties of any kind either expressed or implied. The Salt Suite® disclaims all warranties of merchantability and fitness or a particular purpose. The Salt Suite® does not warrant or make any representation that the online services will be accurate, reliable, uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the online services are free of viruses or other harmful components. You assume total responsibility related to your use of the online services. Your sole remedy against The Salt Suite® and all other Members of The Salt Suite® System for dissatisfaction with the online services is to stop using them. This limitation of relief is a part of the bargain between the parties. These warranty exclusions may not apply to you to the extent that applicable law does not allow the exclusion of implied warranties.
Third party services.
The online services may link to or allow you to use third-party websites, downloadable materials, content, social networks, or other digital services (together, “third party services”). These third parties may have their separate terms and conditions or privacy policies that you should review and understand before using them. The Salt Suite® does not endorse and is not associated with any of these third-party services. Neither The Salt Suite® nor any other Members of The Salt Suite® System have any responsibility arising from or related to these third party services.
We may provide links from the Site to third-party websites (“Third-Party Sites”), including, but not limited to, links owned by third parties who manage the sales of The Salt Suite®-branded merchandise and class bookings for the The Salt Suite® (i.e., MINDBODY) and our franchisees. If you use these links, you will leave the Site. The Salt Suite® provides these links to you as a convenience, and we do not verify, make any representations, or take responsibility for the Third-Party Sites, including the truthfulness, accuracy, quality, or completeness of the content, services, links displayed, or other activities conducted on or through the Third-Party Sites. Therefore, unless specifically stated on the Site, we do not endorse or make any representations about Third-Party Sites or any information, material, or results that may be obtained through the use of Third-Party Sites. In addition, certain areas of the Site may allow you to interact or conduct transactions with Third-Party Sites. If so, you may be able to configure the privacy settings of your account on a Third-Party Site to permit your activities to be shared with your contacts on that Third-Party Site. If you decide to access any of the Third-Party Sites linked on the Site, you do this entirely at your own risk, and you must follow the privacy policies and the terms and conditions for those Third-Party Sites.
Similarly, the Site includes web pages from which you may obtain information about The Salt Suite® operated by independent franchisees (“Franchisee Sites”). Unless specifically stated on the Site, we do not endorse or make any representations about any services that may be offered at franchisee-owned suites.
YOU AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS THE SALT SUITE® WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY GOODS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, RESOURCES, OR CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH ANY THIRD-PARTY SITE OR FRANCHISEE SITE, FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY DEALINGS OR COMMUNICATIONS (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DEALINGS WITH OUR FRANCHISEES), OR FOR ANY HARM RELATED TO ANY GOODS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, RESOURCES, OR CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH ANY THIRD-PARTY SITE OR FRANCHISEE SITE, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSS CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED BY OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OR RELIANCE ON THE CONTENT OR BUSINESS PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD PARTY.
Events beyond our control.
Neither The Salt Suite® nor any other Members of The Salt Suite® System have any responsibility for The Salt Suite® failure to perform any of its obligations under these terms cause by or related to any event beyond The Salt Suite®’s reasonable control. If such an event occurs, then The Salt Suite® obligations under these terms will be suspended for the duration of the event; and The Salt Suite® may, but is not required to, use reasonable endeavors to find a solution by which its obligations under these terms may be performed despite the event.
How we settle disputes.
You agree that:
- any claim or dispute (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) you may have with The Salt Suite® or any other Members of the The Salt Suite® System arising from or related to the online services or these terms will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS and conducted before a single arbitrator using JAMS’s Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“rules and procedures”);
- this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16;
- the arbitration shall be held at a location determined by JAMS under its rules and procedures (provided such location is reasonably convenient to you), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed to by you and The Salt Suite® or other Members of The Salt Suite® System;
- the arbitrator’s decision shall be based on these terms and any of the other agreements referenced herein that you may have entered into in connection with the online services;
- the arbitrator shall apply North Carolina law consistent with the FAA, and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law;
- no claims shall be arbitrated on a class or representative basis as you and The Salt Suite® hereby waive the right to assert claims in any class or representative action; arbitration will therefore only decide the individual claims of you and The Salt Suite®; it is agreed that the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of any other person or party to an arbitration between you and The Salt Suite® under this provision;
- you and The Salt Suite® empower the arbitrator with the exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability or enforceability of these terms or formation of this contract, including the arbitrability of any dispute and any claim that all or any part of these terms are void or voidable;
- with the exception of subpart (6) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (6) above is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither The Salt Suite® nor you shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. In such event, you agree to bring any and all claims arising out of or related to these terms or the online services in either the state courts of Forsyth County, North Carolina or the United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina. Further, both you and The Salt Suite® agree to waive any right to a trial by jury. Finally, this arbitration provision is reciprocally binding on all parties, such that both you and The Salt Suite® are required to arbitrate their claims against one another. For more information on JAMS and/or JAMS Rules and Procedures, you may visit the JAMS Website.
8. Apple Applications
These terms incorporate and supplement the Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) terms and conditions, including the Licensed Application End User terms therein (“Apple terms”). If you are using the online services through Apple application (“Apple Application”), you also acknowledge and agree:
- Apple has no obligation at all to provide any support or maintenance services in relation to the Apple Application. If you have any maintenance or support questions in relation to the Apple Apps, please contact The Salt Suite®, not Apple, using the above Support Services details;
- except as otherwise expressly set out in these terms, any claims relating to the possession or use of the Apple Application are between you and The Salt Suite® (and not between you, or anyone else, and Apple); and
- in the event of any claim by a third party that your possession or use (in accordance with these terms) of the Apple Application infringes any intellectual property rights, Apple will not be responsible or liable to you in relation to that claim;
If the Apple Application that you have purchased does not conform to any warranty applying to it, you may notify Apple, which may refund the purchase price of the Apple Application to you subject to then-current Apple terms and conditions. Subject to that, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, Apple does not give or enter into any warranty, condition or other term in relation to the Apple Application and will not be liable to you for any claims, losses, costs or expenses of whatever nature in relation to the Apple Application or as a result of you or anyone else using the Apple Application or relying on any of its content.
9. Other Applications
The following terms apply with respect to a mobile application The Salt Suite® provides to you that is designed for use on an Android-powered mobile device (an “Android App”) through MINDBODY:
You acknowledge that these Terms are between you and The Salt Suite® only, and not with Google, Inc. (“Google”). Your use of the Android App must comply with Google’s then-current Android Market Terms of Service. Google is only a provider of the Android Market where you obtained the Android App. You acknowledge and agree that Google is a third-party beneficiary to the Terms as they relate to the Android App. In addition, if you use mobile applications to access the Site, those applications may automatically download and install updates from time to time, and you agree to receive such updates (and permit us to deliver these updates) on your mobile device as part of your use of the Site.
You may be permitted to use The Salt Suite®’s mobile application to order class packs, sessions, memberships or other items. In order to do so, you acknowledge and agree that you must supply certain information relevant to your transaction to our third-party payment processor, MINDBODY, including, without limitation, your credit or debit card number, the expiration date of your credit or debit card, the name on your credit or debit card, and/or your billing address (the “Payment Information”). By providing the Payment Information, you expressly authorize us and/or our third-party payment processor to charge the applicable fees to the payment method provided by you, as well as any applicable taxes and other charges incurred thereto. You agree that we (or our third-party payment processors) may charge any unpaid amounts to your provided payment method and/or send you a bill for such unpaid fees.
- The Salt Suite® makes no representation that the online services are appropriate or available outside of the United States. If you use the online services from other locations you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
- These terms will be governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of North Carolina, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law.
- Although these terms govern the online services as between The Salt Suite® and you only (and neither Apple nor any other Members of The Salt Suite® System are parties to these terms), Apple and all other Members of The Salt Suite® System are third party beneficiaries under these terms and will have the right to enforce against you those rights that The Salt Suite® holds under these terms to the extent such terms may pertain to them; there are no other third beneficiaries under these terms.
- The terms are written in English (US). Any translation of the terms into another language is provided solely for your convenience, and to the extent there is any conflict between the two, the English (US) version controls.
- On termination of these terms or of your permission to use the online services, all rights granted to you under terms shall cease; however, these terms will continue to apply to your prior use of the online services and anything relating to or arising from such use. Upon termination, all rights of The Salt Suite® and other Members of The Salt Suite® System, including all intellectual property rights, proprietary rights, and licenses in these terms shall survive, as well as all restrictions on use, all limitations on liability and disclaimers, and all of Section 7 (“How we settle disputes”)
- If any of the terms and conditions are unlawful, void or unenforceable, then the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- If The Salt Suite® fails to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these terms, or if The Salt Suite® does not enforce its rights against you, or delays in doing so, that will not mean that The Salt Suite® has waived its rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations.
- The Salt Suite® may transfer its rights and obligations under these terms to another organization or entity, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these terms. You may only transfer your rights or obligations under these terms to another person if The Salt Suite® agrees in writing.