What in the world should you do if you find out that there is mold in your house? Icky, yucky, gross black mold can wreak havoc on your entire body. Mold has a tendency to flourish in warm, damp environments. It can feast on wet humidity, growing and multiplying like a living being. This is a specific problem all over the United States, but areas that have higher levels of warm temperatures in humid areas such as Florida and Georgia can be truly problematic for mold to live and grow.
What Is Mold?
Mold is a fungus that sometimes will appear in attic, basement, garage, or bathroom spaces. Kitchen areas that aren’t properly ventilated can have problems with moldy growth around the refrigerator or stove area. It can even be in between the walls of your house so that you can’t even see it. Yet, it’s there lurking and growing with each passing day it’s there. Getting rid of it is something that you have to stay on top of or have a professional come into survey the exact damage it has caused. A mold cleaning company might need to be called in if your mold problem has gotten out of control. Black mold is the most dangerous type that will need professional evaluation to make sure your living space is safe for you and your family.
Mold Isn’t Anyone’s Friend
After you have discovered mold in your living space, you are already probably suffering the symptoms from it. It can do damage to your entire respiratory system making breathing difficult. Scratchy throats, and sinus problems can become an issue for you or your family members. Children can especially be susceptible to allergies of mold. Do what you can to get rid of it as fast as possible. Those mold spores that grow along walls can easily become airborne getting into your air passageways when you breath.
Treatment Is Possible With Halotherapy
If you have had the misfortune of living in a moldy environment then you can treat yourself to Halotherapy or salt therapy sessions to flush out the sinuses and lungs. Your other choice would just be to move out of your living situation, but that’s probably not possible especially if you own your own home with the mold issues.
Getting treated will improve your breathing functions making all your airways open up, and be less irritated by the prolonged exposure to the mold. You’ll notice an improvement in your symptoms right away even after the first session of salt therapy. Gradually over a few treatments you will find that your symptoms of mold allergies will vanish, or at the very least be improved so that they don’t bother you anymore. Hopefully the mold you will have eradicated won’t come back anytime soon. Be vigilant in inspecting the areas of your house that are prone to it.